Administrative Paralegal - Post Completions, Real Estate (3m FTC)
This is an excellent opportunity for an Administrative Paralegal to join us on a 3 month contract basis to provide first class administrative support within the post completions team of our Real Estate Department.
This is a busy and varied role, flexibility and strong organisational skills are essential.
- Preparing, drafting and submitting Land Registry applications
- Drafting and submitting Companies House charge registration applications
- Calculating, drafting and submitting SDLT returns, processing payments, dealing with internal stakeholders and clients as required
- Carrying out Land Registry and Land Charges (including bankruptcy) searches
- Downloading Land Registry and Companies House documents
- Serving notices (eg: to landlords and insurers after charge/assignment)
- Dealing with requisitions raised by the Land Registry and Companies House, liaising with other parties in respect of issues raised during applications to the Land Registry and pursuant to requisitions
- Responding to HMRC on SDLT return issues
- Dealing with pre-submission and registration queries
- Sending documents requested by clients & other parties to other parties and arranging courier services where necessary
- Any other tasks that may be required from time to time to support fee earners and client service needs
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Previous experience within a similar role with exposure to post completions processes.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills, with the ability to communicate confidently at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to work in a deadline driven, high volume environment, managing your own workload.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Proactivity with the ability to anticipate problems and develop solutions.
- Strong attention to detail, even when working to tight deadlines.
- The ability to handle all communications and processes in an efficient and timely manner
- The ability to navigate and use on line platforms as necessary including Land Registry, Companies House and HMRC, PLC and Lexis
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.