Associate, Corporate - M&A
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, organised and proactive Associate to join our M&A team within the Corporate Department.
The M&A team comprises a multi-disciplinary team of lawyers, who provide legal advice on corporate transactions and for clients across a range of sectors. Our work includes:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Investment and Joint Ventures
- Corporate Real Estate
- Corporate Governance
The role is a general corporate role, supporting and working closely with Partners and senior Lawyers across the team, dealing with a varied range of transactional and non-transaction work, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, shareholder arrangements and investments, reconstructions and re organisations and general corporate and company law advice.
This role will suit candidates wanting to work as part of collegiate and supportive team whilst gaining exposure to varied and interesting work.
You will be involved with a wide range of transactions including;
- Share acquisitions and disposals
- Business acquisitions and disposals
- Joint ventures
- Reconstructions and re-organisations
- LLP and partnership agreements;
- and providing general corporate and company law advice including in connection with directors' duties and corporate governance.
You may also get involved in some AIM work including IPOs and fund raising.
You will be likely be working with entrepreneurial and growth businesses; restaurants and retail clients; acquisitive businesses and private equity; high net worth families; and overseas investors. You are also likely to get involved in advising international clients and clients referred by our international networks on their international deals; acquisitions of UK assets and inward investment.
The Associate will take a lead role in taking client instructions and work closely with Trainees and Paralegals on various projects, liaising with and coordinating advice from other departments on projects and transactions, especially IP/ commercial, real estate, employment, tax, private client, and banking. This will extend to working with the team on the drafting and negotiation of core transactional documents, including business and share sale agreements, disclosure letters and due diligence reports, joint ventures and shareholders' agreements, and all ancillary documentation.
The M&A team also takes an advisory role (non-transactional) to other departments within the Firm including private client, dispute resolution and family. This work is often very varied and provides an opportunity to learn and gain experience in more unusual areas of company law.
Associates within the M&A team are given a high level of responsibility and you are likely to be liaising with senior stakeholders and have extensive client interaction and exposure to senior management, including at the CEO and CFO level.
The M&A team has a very open and collegiate team structure and you will be encouraged to be involved in business development initiatives and also to assist in training and development (with guidance from our corporate PSL).
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Post qualification experience in private M&A and general Corporate work, with experience of Corporate Real Estate advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to work across various matters simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Comfort in taking ownership and responsibility, as well as demonstrating proactivity in supporting the team and clients.
- Confidence in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to perform in a high volume, deadline-orientated role.
- A passion for, and positive attitude towards your work and professional development.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.