Associate - Dispute Resolution, Business Crime & Regulatory
This is an excellent opportunity for an Associate with proven criminal and regulatory experience to join our Business Crime & Regulatory team. Our ideal candidate will have excellent general litigation experience with a keen interest in at least one of the following distinct areas:
- White-collar crime
Our Business Crime and Regulatory offering provides a first-rate service to corporates and senior executives who are facing, or are vulnerable to, a white-collar crime or regulatory investigation.
Many of our cases involve accusations of corporate fraud, financial crime, bribery and corruption and are investigated by the Serious Fraud Office, Financial Conduct Authority, National Crime Agency, HMRC or the Insolvency Service.
The team is considered a market leader in Business Crime and Regulatory and are frequently instructed in some of the most high-profile investigations, many of which are complex and involve multiple jurisdictions.
You will have strong technical experience as well as excellent client relationship skills, working with Partners and lawyers at all levels in the team to meet clients' needs, often managing your own client relationships and matters from start to finish. You will also be comfortable in contributing towards business development and marketing activities, developing and maintaining client relationships and contributing to Knowhow and thought leadership.
- The ability to manage complex, often fast-moving, client matters, identifying and analysing all legal and commercial issues
- Ensuring delivery of client-focused work, completed to high quality and consistent standards
- Acting as a trusted adviser through demonstrating and applying a thorough understanding of the client's needs and risks
- Contributing to the team's business development activities, including thought leadership
- Assisting the team in responding to a wide range of urgent and time critical queries from clients
- Instructing and liaising with Counsel and other experts where necessary
- Attending meetings with clients, Counsel or opposing parties
- Overseeing the work of more junior members of the team, developing and mentoring them
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience in a similar role, including strong technical experience across business crime and regulatory issues
- Cross-border experience dealing with multiple regulators and / or criminal authorities (including the US, Europe, and Asia)
- An interest in emerging and developing markets
- An interest in /experience of working with High Net Worth private clients and an appreciation of how investigations affect this client base.
- The ability to deal with complex client issues
- Excellent understanding of litigation procedure
- A commercial approach to problem solving
- Excellent organisational skills: working to tight deadlines where the input of others is often required, managing and prioritising your own workload
- Thoroughness and excellent attention to detail with the ability to perform in a high volume, deadline-orientated role
- A confident and effective written and verbal communication style
- The ability to interpret instructions correctly and act upon them
- Comfort using your own initiative and taking responsibility where necessary and appropriate
- The willingness to take responsibility for your own workload, working as part of the team to ensure client and business needs are met
- Strong intellectual and analytical abilities with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Good organisational skills, record keeping and file management
- Flexibility in approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.