Associate, Real Estate - Residential Development Sales
We are currently seeking an experienced Associate or Licensed Conveyancer to join us in this hands-on role, which offers a unique blend of people management and development, being a point of escalation for complex technical queries, day-to-day contact and advising clients, and playing a key part of a collegiate team environment where the whole team work together to deliver outstanding client service.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone passionate about Real Estate, self-motivated and committed to delivering quality work. You will manage a number of teams working on both high volume and small bespoke developments, whilst also having your own portfolio. You will be the main point of contact for all client-related queries, and you will manage the end-to-end legal process of selling off-plan properties on behalf of our large-scale residential developer clients. Your ability to engage with and motivate others will also allow you to effectively lead and develop a small team of paralegals and fee earners.
The Residential Development team acts on behalf of large-scale residential property developers, including Ballymore and Galliard Homes. Generally, the department manages approximately 10,000 active files with this workload being shared across the enlarged team, bringing in a real variety of queries in this broad and interesting role. In addition, you may also have the opportunity to be responsible for a small number of high-end client development projects including the set-up of the development documentation and the full conveyancing process over the relevant period of time in relation to the development’s plots sales.
This opportunity will allow you to demonstrate and grow your legal expertise, people management skills, and allow you to grow your business development and marketing experience. There will also be a possibility of foreign travel, as well as attending marketing events and assisting with the preparation of marketing materials.
- Overseeing multiple team’s workloads to ensure resource is allocated correctly.
- Being a point of escalation for complex queries from Team Leaders and Paralegals.
- Ensuring work produced is of high quality and delivered within client deadlines.
- Co-ordinating all aspects of the conveyancing sales process from end to end, delivering in line with client expectations and deadlines.
- Dealing with any post-completion issues.
- Managing and developing a small team.
- Dealing directly with Solicitor and client enquiries, along with any internal enquiries.
- Ensuring that up-to-date client matter schedules are maintained for both internal and external use.
- Contributing where possible to the effectiveness of team workflow, including attending departmental and other appropriate briefings to assess current and future needs.
- Attending development launches abroad as and when required.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Experience in completing end-to-end high volume residential property work. Including excellent technical experience of all elements e.g. site set ups.
- Previous experience in and a passion for supervising, managing and developing others.
- Previous experience of operating in a fast-paced environment with a significant amount of client contact.
- Confidence in dealing with client queries and those raised by Team Leaders and Paralegals.
- Previous experience in acting for large-scale developer clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills – with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- The ability to manage others effectively, including assisting others with prioritising, technical development, and file management tasks.
- Confidence in taking on responsibility and accountability for matters.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise and perform in a high volume, deadline-orientated role.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- An understanding of the importance of providing excellent client service. Pro-activity in consistently reviewing team methods and practices in order to maintain or improve service levels as appropriate.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.