Associate - Real Estate, Residential Development
We are looking for an experienced Associate to join the Residential Development team in our Real Estate Department. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with previous experience to gain further invaluable hands-on experience, developing your career, working side-by-side with our Partners and other fee earners, including direct exposure to our clients.
You will be flexible and commercial in your approach to work, with the ability to pro-actively seek out opportunities and use your initiative in supporting the team. You will be enthusiastic in taking ownership of matters, with a keenness to learn and develop.
The Real Estate department at Howard Kennedy deals with a wide range property work and acts for some household names in the development sector, including Galliard, Ballymore, City & Docklands.
Undertaking a wide variety of work primarily for developer clients including:
- Landlord and Tenant transactions for developers (agreements for lease and leases conditional on building out).
- Site acquisitions and disposals (on larger transactions assisting with due diligence, preparing reports on title, dealing with elements of the contract and/or supplemental documents).
- Dealing with property aspects for financing transactions, whether CLLS. certificates or disclosure of title.
- Subsales, and TOGCS.
- Option agreements.
- Overage agreements.
- Affordable housing work, and private rental sector work.
- Management of own files (subject to supervision as necessary).
- Assisting more senior fee earners on larger transactions.
- Working with the wider Real Estate department on development transactions in particular the construction, tax, planning and property litigation teams.
- Responsibility for participating in business development and client relationship management activities.
- Assisting and mentoring more junior members of the team including Trainees and Paralegals.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Previous post qualification experience in the development sector.
- A strong technical legal grounding.
- The ability to deal with complex legal issues.
- A commercial approach to problem solving and providing innovative solutions.
- Organisation skills: working to tight deadlines where the input of others is often required, keeping a diary, organising files and carrying out all necessary administrative tasks.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- A confident and effective advocacy/communication style
- The ability to build relationships with clients and other colleagues at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.