BD & Marketing Assistant
As a result of an increasing workload for the BD team and the growing need for support from our go-to-market groups, we require additional support for the BD team. This particular role will be supporting the Private Wealth and Sport sectors.
Joining a BD team of 7, you will report directly into an experienced BD Manager and have the support of 2 existing BDAs, who have been at Howard Kennedy for over a year.
Working with the BD team, the Assistant will help with;
- Planning, building and encouraging content for various client newsletters
- Supporting event planning, including recording relevant information on our systems, compiling the invitation list, liaising with lawyers to get their content signed off and setting up calls to discuss format/speaker brief. This will also include helping to find suitable dates, developing appropriate speaker bios, and agreeing the content with all participants.
- Undertaking ad-hoc research requests related to legal topics, people, clients and prospects or markets. For example competitor websites, LinkedIn searches, marketing opportunities such as sponsorships and internal CRM system searches.
- Providing meeting support, such as preparing agendas, drafting meetings minutes and recording action points.
- Providing support for firmwide campaigns, such as liaising with content producers, chasing copy and proof reading.
- Adding contacts in our CRM system.
- Creating and editing brochures and other sales support material using template driven software.
There are a number of regular team tasks that are required in the delivery of our support, these include;
- Drafting content for internal communications
- Assistance with developing the monthly Board report
- Collating credentials for re-use in future pitches.
- Assisting with directory and award submissions
- Assisting lawyers with basic digital tasks such as creating Blog posts, sharing Linkedin assets, making content available for emailing to contacts, creating the first draft of social media content, updating web content.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Enthusiasm, energy and a willingness to learn.
- Being a team player who is analytical, tenacious and self-motivated.
- An eye for detail, accuracy and good writing skills.
- The ability to multi-task and be able to effectively prioritise tasks.
- A personable and confident attitude and ability to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.