Business Development Executive
An exciting opportunity to join our friendly and dynamic BD team.
Reporting to the Senior BD Manager, this position will help deliver BD & Marketing services for the Corporate Department and Retail & Leisure sector.
The role has a primary focus on business development but will be involved in other marketing activities including social media, events, CRM and supporting firm wide campaigns.
Supporting the Corporate Department & Retail & Leisure sector
- Provide day to day BD and marketing support to groups within the Corporate Department (M&A, Investment Funds, Employment and IP) & Retail & Leisure sector
- Assist in the drafting and delivery of BD and sector plans
- Support on firm wide, sector-based campaigns
- Support on capability documents, pitches and experience collation
- Oversee and monitor business development budgets and expenditure
- Drafting and submitting directory submissions
- Provide advice to lawyers on how to raise profile, network and follow up on potential opportunities
- Support the lawyers in producing relevant legal updates, bulletins and blogs
- Work with the central MarComms team to execute marketing tactics and ensure all key channels are used to maximise impact
- Support the management of the Focus Account Programme.
- 1.5 - 2 years' experience working in professional services, preferably within the legal sector
- Experience of Corporate or Retail a bonus.
Qualities and skills:
- Shows initiative and thinks one step ahead
- Is a natural optimist and has a "can do" approach
- Able to think strategically and commercially
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Flexible – is happy to work outside normal working hours when required
- Attention to detail
- Effective relationship builder – is able to interact with individuals at all levels across the business
- Is a self-starter and has the ability and confidence to run with things
- Being an ambassador of the firm.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.