CoSec Administrative Paralegal (6 month FTC)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our friendly and supportive Corporate Department on a fixed term, providing professional dedicated administrative/PA support to the firms Company Secretary.
The CoSec function is busy with a full roster of interesting and varied work. This will include, but not limited to, diary management, client liaison, billing and support with statement filing.
This role sits within the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) team, which is part of our Corporate Department. Although the role will require communication firmwide, the reporting structure is based on the close affinity between the company secretarial function and the M&A team.
You will be involved with a wide range of work:
- Dealing with Registered Office mail and forwarding to clients as instructed.
- Creating outlook reminders for client company accounts due.
- Assistance with opening new file matter/client files and collating identification documents and liaising with Risk and Compliance team.
- Knowledge of Word and formatting documents, letters/correspondence etc, including engagement letters.
- Opening company secretarial folders and filing documents/correspondence etc in internal folders as well as some physical filing of company documents.
- Managing CoSec inbox; forwarding/responding to urgent queries in my absence with the assistance of the paralegals.
- Liaising with other team members and internal colleagues and eventually liaising with Companies House in respect of company filings; checking documents filed etc.
- The formation of and set up of all types of UK companies.
- The maintenance of client company statutory records.
- Ad-hoc duties as reasonably required.
- Preparation of accounts forms and, where necessary, management of client invoices, billing and credit control.
- Maintain up-to-date electronic files of all correspondence and other documents.
- Scanning/copying as required
- File opening and conflict checks.
- Companies House searches.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / SYSTEMS USED
- Blue Print
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Word 2010
- Microsoft Powerpoint 2010
- Microsoft Excel 2010
- Elite 3E
- CompareDocs / PDF Docs
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in a demanding, high performing professional services environment.
- Experience of legal work.
- Previous PA experience.
- Ability to produce accurate, correctly presented documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills and time-management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Practical use of Word, Outlook, Filesite, Powerpoint, Excel and Elite 3E.
- Experience in completing Laser forms.
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated.
- A strong team player.
- A strong communicator with individuals of all levels.
- A strategic thinker and well organised.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.