Head of Marketing and Communications (Maternity Cover – 8 month FTC)
We are looking for an experienced Head of Marketing Communications to join our team to cover a maternity leave.
The Business Development (BD) and Marketing team at Howard Kennedy is comprised of the BD team, who support our sector and other specialist go-to-market groups, the Digital Marketing team, responsible for the optimisation of the various platforms we employ and the Marketing Communications team, who design and implement all aspects of our brand and communications strategy.
During this period the maternity cover will need to deliver on several key projects.
- Implement the changes from the brand refresh and entrench within the firm through an internal communications programme
- Implement the communication plan for the new Employer Brand
- Implement new PR and internal communications strategy developed by incumbent
- The role has line management responsibility for three people, as well as coordinating with the Digital Marketing team.
- Management of the Marketing & Communications budget.
- Be the brand guardian for the firm, including our visual identity, tone of voice, the experience we create in our office and tangible items such as brochures and merchandise.
- Continually review and reinforce the firm’s brand proposition for clients and prospects.
- Manage external supplier relationships such as design, print, and merchandise.
- Utilise PR and broader communications tactics to achieve maximum impact and position the firm as an expert in its areas of expertise.
- Provide copywriting and editorial expertise and guidance in support of firm and go-to-market group's business goals.
- Advise and support the BD team on go to market group campaigns, events and thought leadership.
- Manage our retainer with our PR agency and proactively work with them on our corporate communications.
- Work closely with the Director of Business Development & Marketing and General Counsel to manage any potential reputational risk.
- Work closely with the Management Committee to cascade and communicate their strategic communications.
- Oversight and development of our innovative and engaging internal communications plan, coordinating all our internal events and initiatives delivered by our Internal Communications Executive.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience of successfully developing and delivering communications strategies within a professional services environment, ideally in the legal sector.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and commitment and the ability to gain the respect and trust of Partners and business services colleagues at all levels of seniority.
- Confidence and gravitas to encourage doing the right thing.
- A creative, proactive and enthusiastic approach, bringing new ideas to the table.
- Flexibility and adaptability with exceptional oral and written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- A proactive team player, who is analytical, tenacious, adaptable and self-motivated and who thrives when working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Great team leadership skills, including the ability to get the most from your team through coaching and mentoring.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.