Interim Head of Finance - 12 month Fixed term contract
We are looking to recruit an Interim Head of Finance to lead our Finance department of 25 and provide operational, commercial and strategic support to the partners and fee earners as well as the other Business Services functions.
The position is a fixed term contract (FTC) role covering the incumbent's maternity leave. The primary responsibility of the Head of Finance is to manage the day to day operations of the HK Finance department delivering best in class BAU service to the wider business. Reporting to the COO, the Head of Finance role has full oversight and responsibility for all aspects of financial operations, including budgeting, forecasting & planning, year-end reporting including statutory accounts, management accounts & monthly reporting, partner accounting & tax, client & office accounts, accounts payable & expenses, billing & credit control, finance systems and payroll.
The Head of Finance role has the following direct reports:
- Senior Financial Accountant
- Senior Management Accountant
- Finance Systems Manager
- Billings & Credit Control Manager
- Head Legal Cashier
- Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
The headline milestone deliverables for the FTC position are:
- Producing a smooth and efficient financial year end (30 April 2022) from year end close through to statutory accounts sign off
- Playing a leading role in the upgrade of the Finance System from Elite 3E 2.8 to 3.0 and improving the user experience for fee earners (i.e. improving dashboards)
- Financial modelling to update the Firm's 3-year business plan
- Ensure the Finance Team meets its 3-year goals, with a focus on reducing the Firm lock up days.
- Assisting with the re-design of partner remuneration
- Producing monthly lock up calculations
- Producing partner remuneration information packs for Management Committee and individual partners
- Leading and delivering the annual reforecasting process (November 22)
- Leading and delivering the 2023/24 Annual Budget process
- Overseeing the impact of basis period reforms
- Other ad hoc work streams to meet business demands
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- An Accountancy qualification – preferably ACA
- Prior experience of working in the legal sector
- Deep understanding of the law firm operating model
- Capability of leading and inspiring team members
- Ability to influence others and establish a strong personal brand
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and engender respect among key stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills with capability of managing conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Strength in making pragmatic decisions
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive thinking
- The ability to work both strategically and operationally
- Advanced Excel modelling skills
- Experience of working with Elite 3E (or similar PMS)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.