Junior Business Analyst, IT - University Placement (12 month fixed term contract)
We are seeking to recruit a Junior Business Analyst to join the us to undertake their university placement year. You will be someone who enjoys engaging with stakeholders from across the firm, e.g. Technical Team, Departmental Directors, Heads of Operations, Heads of Teams, etc.
In order to apply for this vacancy you must be a current university student seeking to undertake a placement year / year in industry and able to start with us in July 2024. You will work closely with colleagues to capture requirements, and, in order to drive the required efficiencies across the business, demonstrate the initiative to identify feasible, innovative solutions to satisfy those needs (e.g. standardisation of documentation, process automation, etc.)
You will support your colleagues in the creation of business cases to implement chosen solution(s), and support stakeholders in presenting options to senior colleagues for review / approval (e.g. the firm's Management Committee, Project Sponsors, etc.).
As well as assisting colleagues in identifying opportunities, efficiencies, etc., you will help the IT Portfolio Manager to prioritise the Project Team's workload – ensuring that the team's objectives are aligned with the firm's needs.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to join a supportive and collaborative team. You will gain invaluable experience via exposure to the business, and thus help IT to deliver greater value to the firm.
Specifically, the Junior Business Analyst will be responsible, with the support of the Projects Team, for:
- Engaging with, and managing, business stakeholders.
- Reviewing "as-is" processes and identifying business requirements / opportunities therein.
- Designing optimal and innovative "to be" processes to take advantage of identified opportunities.
- Researching, documenting and developing technical and non-technical solutions to business requirements.
- Engaging 3rd parties / vendors with a view to implementing their systems.
- Creating business cases to promote the implementation of preferred solutions
- Supporting project activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Helping to develop and adopt agreed project governance processes, and adhering to the same.
- Identifying inefficiencies in processes, tools and systems, and proposing potential improvements.
- Collaborating with the IT Portfolio Manager to develop and implement agreed enhancements to existing practices.
- Helping the IT Portfolio Manager to align the Projects Team's deliverables with business requirements.
- Reporting progress to the relevant stakeholders.
Ideally, you will be able to will demonstrate:
- An understanding of the requisite skills, as detailed above.
- Currently undertaking an IT related degree at a UK university that offers a placement year in industry.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills – thus providing your colleagues with confidence that their needs and expectations are being suitably managed.
- The ability to develop and maintain effective, and mutually-beneficial, relationships with colleagues and supplier representatives.
- The ability to accept direction from, and offer guidance to, colleagues across the firm.
- An enthusiasm to develop both personally and professionally.
- A "right first time", delivery-focussed approach.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
With almost 200 lawyers in one location, we ensure our clients have the right team to help them get from where they are to where they want to be. We advise major corporates and institutions as well as entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises which are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. As well as our significant business law capability, we are one of only a few London-based law firms with a large private wealth offering. Our clients find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.
Whether you are an ambitious and talented individual wanting to hit the ground running from day one, or an established professional looking for a new opportunity, Howard Kennedy is the firm where you can really make it happen.
We have earned a strong reputation for our exceptional and uniquely talented people who between them deliver outstanding results for clients. In a firm of our size, our strong team dynamic creates a thriving culture of creativity and entrepreneurialism. Howard Kennedy is a pragmatic and non-hierarchical environment where success is shared, and you are proactively encouraged to thrive at your own pace.
Our distinctive culture is built on fairness and respect. Guided by the firm’s values of talk straight, think smart and be yourself, everyone in the firm holds equal value, and everyone plays their role in supporting, encouraging and inspiring colleagues to do their best work.
At the same time, we recognise and reward individualism, celebrating the diversity of our people and supporting them to grow their practice and drive their own career advancement.
As well as client work, there is opportunity to broaden your horizons at the firm with fulfilling pro bono and charity projects. We have a regular social calendar full of wellbeing activities, charitable and social events too.