Junior Finance Systems Analyst
We are looking for a Junior Finance Systems Analyst to join our Finance Systems team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience using our legal practice management system, Elite 3E, with an interest in learning SQL for reporting.
- Provide a first line support service responding to queries from fee earners, secretaries and finance staff with regard to the Practice Management System, Elite 3E.
- Responsibility for regular daily, weekly and monthly reporting and data tasks
- Running reports in response to ad-hoc requests for information
- Training and empowering other finance users in order to help the team become more self-sufficient
- Assisting with finance / firm projects as required
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- A strong working knowledge of Elite 3E, preferably in a first line support role, or currently in a legal billing/cashiering function and looking to move into Finance Systems
- A clear understanding of the underlying financial processes undertaken in a professional services firm
- A willingness to learn, or be previously experienced at using SQL to write, extract, transform and present data for reporting purposes
- Strong Excel skills for ad-hoc report presentation
- A conscientious and methodical person with excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills, capability of managing conflicting priorities & deadlines, working under pressure when necessary
- A pro-active approach and demonstrable experience of using your initiative
- A client focussed approach (internal clients)
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to deal with complex problems
- Experience of using any legal practice management system
- Experience of advanced MS Excel (pivot tables, vlookups etc)
- Experience of Chrome River or similar expense capture system
- Ideally some experience of writing SQL for reporting
- Ideally some experience of using IntApp Time or other time recording software
- Ideally some experience of using MiniSoft ARCS 2G
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.