Junior Risk and Compliance Officer
We are looking for a Junior Risk and Compliance Officer to join our Risk and Compliance team who are tasked with delivering the firm’s objectives in reducing risk and achieving across the board compliance with its regulatory and statutory obligations.
The primary role of the Junior Risk and Compliance Officer is to assist the firm in achieving its objectives around compliant file opening, in particular Client Due Diligence (CDD) procedures. However, you will also be actively involved in a variety of projects and will be given the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in other areas.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Reviewing the CDD provided by lawyers on clients and where necessary seeking clarification or more information from lawyers
- Obtaining CDD directly from clients and explaining to clients the firm's requirements
- Approving or rejecting that CDD and providing guidance to lawyers and clients
- Creating client profiles where necessary
- Reporting trends regarding CDD queries to identify ongoing training needs
- Assisting in the ongoing monitoring of high risk clients and upkeep of the high risk register
- Conducting sanctions, PEP and adverse media checks for all clients using Accuity and conducting any other checks that are deemed necessary
- Conducting 'reverse’ sanctions checks by obtaining the new sanctions lists periodically and running the names through the database and reporting on the results
- Providing ad hoc administrative assistance to the team when required
- Getting involved in projects that the team undertake
You must be able to demonstrate;
- An interest in AML regulations and CDD requirements
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build relationships internally and externally at all levels
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent IT skills.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- A good understanding of CDD requirements for various client types and a working knowledge of the Money Laundering Regulations
- Previous experience working in a law firm or within the regulatory area
- Previous experience working with Elite 3E, File Site, Mattersphere and Accuity
- International Compliance Association qualification in Money Laundering
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.