Legal PA - Corporate
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Corporate Department on a permanent basis, providing first class professional Legal PA support to a number of fee earners.
You will be able to demonstrate previous experience working as a legal PA and will work principally for named fee-earners, but also as part of the EA/PA team with shared responsibilities. All PAs are expected to prioritise, share tasks and provide absence cover when appropriate to meet business needs.
This role will suit an experienced Legal PA who can prioritise and delegate effectively, with good communication, organisational skills and the ability to work well and calmly under pressure in a fast paced role.
- Proactively managing and maintaining fee earner diaries, making appointments and co-ordinating internal meetings and external client meetings including the booking of meeting rooms, video conference facilities, refreshments, restaurants, taxis etc, ensuring fee earners keep to schedule and that all necessary materials are to hand.
- Making travel arrangements, producing detailed itineraries and ensuring expense claims are completed.
- Management of fee earners' inboxes, particularly when they are out of the office. Monitoring and responding to post/emails, prioritising correspondence to enable fee earners to focus on urgent matters and using your initiative to route emails to the appropriate individuals for swift response and action; wherever possible, responding to and filing emails into iManage.
- Communicating with clients to support our client relationships, dealing with client queries.
- Responding and dealing with telephone calls and queries in a professional manner, taking clear and concise messages.
- Attending meetings to take minutes, including recording relevant action points and working with fee earners to action these.
- Assisting with client on-boarding including drafting engagement letters, and obtaining KYC documentation and monies on account.
- Managing the workflow to our Document Production Centre ensuring dictations and documents are submitted and returned in a timely manner.
- Document amendments, comparisons and proof reading all work to ensure consistent accuracy and high standard.
- Typing and drafting where appropriate.
- Taking responsibility for and leading on departmental and firm initiatives, including on BD and other internal initiatives, as requested by fee earners.
- Preparation of account forms e.g. Chaps payments.
- Coordinating the end-to-end billing process and Elite 3E financial reporting; assisting fee earners by liaising with the billing team, producing the relevant documentation and reports, and prompting fee earners to complete all necessary paperwork etc. Assisting with debt management.
- Working with the Business Development (BD) team and fee earners to assist with pitch preparation, management of BD mailings, and coordinating responses and assisting with BD events.
- Small volume photocopying and scanning, file opening and closure, collating and indexing legal documentation.
- Ensuring any paper/electronic filing and archiving required are kept up to date.
- Undertaking legal research using databases etc.
- Delegating appropriate tasks to the Team Assistant.
- Providing support to other EAs and PAs where required, especially during any absence.
You will be able to demonstrate;
- Experience in a deadline-driven, high performing legal teams.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent diary management, organisational and time management skills.
- Effective and professional telephone manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A client service orientated approach.
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- Proactivity, flexibility and self-motivation.
- Strong team skills.
- Experience with BigHand, Elite 3E, iManage and Docusign would be advantageous.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.