Legal PA - Dispute Resolution
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our friendly and supportive Dispute Resolution team, providing first-class professional PA support to a number of named fee-earners. We are looking for an experienced PA to provide a high level support to several partners, including the Head of Department.
The Legal PA will be an integral part of a busy department and will work principally for named fee-earners, but also as part of our PA team with shared responsibilities. We're looking for an experienced litigation Legal PA who can prioritise and delegate effectively, with excellent communication and organisation skills.
The team is busy with a full roster of interesting and varied work. This will include diary management, client liaison, billing and support with discrete projects, which provide opportunity to add value and develop the role further.
- There are several responsibilities that are particular to this role given the inclusion of the Head of Department in the role's remit. These will be focussed around supporting the Head of Department with a number of tasks relaying to the smooth running of the department, including;
- Liaising with the Head of Operations in relation to departmental matters;
- The coordination of departmental meetings and communications;
- The organisation of events;
- The production of specific reports and packs;
- The production of confidential, internal documents.
- Proactively manage and maintain fee-earner diaries, making appointments and co-ordinating internal and external client meetings including the booking of meeting rooms, video conference facilities, refreshments, restaurants, taxis etc.
- Making extensive travel arrangements (domestic and foreign), producing detailed itineraries and ensuring expenses claims are completed.
Management of fee-earners' inboxes when they are out of the office; monitoring and responding to emails, prioritising correspondence to enable fee earners to focus on urgent matters and using initiative to route emails to the appropriate individuals for swift response and action; wherever possible, responding to and filing emails in to iManage.
Acting as the key contact point for internal and external queries posed to the fee-earners who you support.
Being proactive by ensuring that the fee-earners have any paperwork, equipment and supplies required for any meetings, travel etc.
Producing documentation as required - typing, drafting and amending documents, letters and correspondence where appropriate and proofreading all work to ensure consistent accuracy and high standard.
Preparation of account forms.
Coordination of the end-to-end billing process and Elite 3E financial reporting; assisting fee-earners by liaising with the billing team, producing the relevant documentation and reports, and prompting fee-earners to complete all necessary paperwork etc.
Bundling – both electronic and hardcopy (copying; compiling; preparing an index; paginating).
Undertaking research using the internet, databases etc.
Supporting other PAs where required, especially during any absence.
Using initiative to take responsibility of administration that will assist the fee earners.
Ensuring all correspondence/documentation is correctly electronically filed on iManage.
- Display integrity and an appreciation for the need to maintain confidentiality. Applying discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Extremely well organised.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Display a high level of attention to detail.
- An excellent client service orientated approach.
- A proactive, flexible and self-motivated approach.
- A strong team player.
- Experience of working in a deadline-driven, high performing Dispute Resolution team within a private practice.
- Experience of providing a high degree of assistance to Partners and Heads of Team.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with BigHand, Elite 3E, iManage/FileSite would be advantageous.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.