Legal PA - Private Client - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Legal PA to join our Private Client Department. You will provide first class professional legal secretarial and administrative support to a busy team of fee earners (including partners) in our Private Client Department.
Legal PAs work principally for named fee earners, however all PAs work as part of a team with shared responsibilities.
- Proactive and ongoing management of fee earners' inboxes, including filing emails in Filesite.
- Monitoring and responding to post/emails, prioritising correspondence to enable fee earners to focus on urgent matters and using initiative to route emails to the appropriate individuals for swift response and action.
- Creation of new client/matter files and onboarding clients and undertaking due diligence.
- Creating first draft Engagement Letters and distributing these once approved by the matter partner.
- Dealing with the end to end billing process including running reports using Elite 3E reporting.
- Assisting partners/fee earners by liaising with the billing team, producing the relevant documentation and reports, and prompting Partners/fee earners to complete all necessary paperwork.
- Creating precedent invoice letters to send to clients.
- Preparing account forms and where necessary management of client invoices.
- Proactive diary management to include booking of internal/external meetings, identifying potential clashes.
- Being proactive by ensuring that the fee earners have any paperwork, equipment and supplies required for any meetings, travel etc.
- Ensuring all requirements are met when arranging meetings eg booking meeting rooms, video conference facilities, refreshments, restaurants.
- Responding and dealing with external or internal telephone calls and queries in a professional manner, taking clear and concise messages.
- Establishing relationships with clients and clerks at chambers and being able to give assurance with generic queries, demonstrating knowledge of the files.
- Producing hearing bundles ensuring the relevant court documents are in the relevant section etc.
- Department specific support, e.g. familiarity with standard Court Forms.
- Delegating and managing work to our Document Production Centre, ensuring dictations and documents are submitted and returned in a timely manner.
- Proof reading to ensure all documents produced are accurate and correctly presented paying attention to Howard Kennedy house styles.
- Typing/amending documents and drafting where appropriate.
- Identifying files on Fee Earner matter list to be archived.
- Collating and indexing legal documentation, deeds scheduling and deeds management.
- Preparing agendas, presentations etc for internal/external meetings.
- Ensuring all external contacts/agent fees are updated to relevant systems.
- Dealing with BD activities ensuring all relevant databases are updated.
- Dealing with all travel arrangements including producing detailed itineraries.
- Inputting expense claims via Chrome River.
- Event planning (liaising with BD).
- Delegating appropriate work to the Team Assistant.
- Undertaking research tasks.
- Small volume photocopying and scanning, with delivery/collection of large volume photocopying and scanning and couriers to the Document Services team.
- Support to other Legal PAs where required, especially during any absence.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Experience in a law firm, supporting fee earners in a demanding, high performing professional services environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent diary management skills
- Excellent organisational skills and time-management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to demonstrate flexibility, pro activity and self-motivation.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with individuals of all levels, both internally and externally.
- Displays discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- The ability to remain calm and focus, even when working on multiple priorities.
- The ability to work in a team and to multitask.
- Excellent use of Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PDF and Powerpoint.
- Practical use of BigHand digital dictation system.
- Practical use of Elite 3E system.
- Practical use of DocuSign system.
- Practical use of Carpe Diem system.
- Practical use of Lexis Smart Forms or Laserforms
- Practical use of CRM.
- Practical use of Chrome River.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.