Legal PA, Real Estate - Commercial Development
Our Real Estate practice comprises over 90 fee-earning legal staff and is the largest within the firm. We advise developers, house builders and property investors, as well as national and international retail and leisure clients and other property occupiers. Our advice extends to all stages of the real estate life cycle.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide first class professional legal PA and administrative support to the fee earners in the Commercial Development team. This role will be an integral member of the team.
PAs work principally for named fee earners, however all PAs work as part of a team with shared responsibilities. Team members will be expected to prioritise and share tasks when appropriate in order to meet business needs.
- Microsoft Office 365 to include MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- BigHand Digital Dictation System
- Smart Forms
- Elite 3E
- PDF Docs
- Chrome River
- CRM (One Place)
HOURS OF WORK
- Core Hours: 9:30am – 5:30pm Monday - Friday
- Maintaining Fee Earners' inboxes and diary management.
- Opening new matters, following compliance rules, preparation of engagement letter, email to client and initial letter to solicitors.
- Corresponding or speaking directly with clients/third parties as required.
- Producing correspondence via BigHand digital dictation system and/or copy typing
- Uploading and downloading documents from data rooms from/into Filesite.
- Drafting contracts.
- Completing Smart Forms where applicable.
- Amending documents using track changes.
- Regularly carrying out property searches using Land Registry and TM Search providers.
- Proof reading to ensure all documents produced are accurate and correctly presented.
- Building documents using PDF docs to incorporate various documents for engrossment.
- Obtaining redemption figures from bank and making payment on completion.
- Preparation of financial statements and completion statements.
- Preparation of proformas.
- Preparation of accounts forms and, where necessary, management of client invoices.
- Collating and scheduling Deeds to be archived or for sending to clients/lender
- Dealing with file closures to include investigating various account issues, i.e. monies on client and office accounts.
- Ad-hoc duties as reasonably required.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Experience in a deadline-driven, high performing Real Estate team within a private practice.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent diary management, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A client service orientated approach.
- A proactive, flexible and self-motivated approach.
- Applying discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.