Legal PA - Real Estate, Dispute Resolution
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our friendly and supportive Dispute Resolution team, providing first-class professional PA support to a number of fee-earners. We are looking for an experienced PA to provide a high level support to between 6 fee earners.
The Legal PA will be an integral part of our busy Real Estate Dispute Resolution team (which sits under the wider Dispute Resolution department) and will work principally for named fee-earners, but also as part of our PA team with shared responsibilities. We're looking for an experienced Legal PA who can prioritise and delegate effectively, with excellent communication and organisation skills. The team is busy with a full roster of interesting and varied work.
This role sits within the Real Estate Resolution team, which is part of our Dispute Resolution Department. The team are incredibly collaborative and social; as well as principally assisting your fee-earners, we always seek to support one another and pull together to provide seamless and complete support to our fee-earner population, whose wok includes many interesting, ground-breaking cases. As a relatively small team (we have 11 fee earners and 2 PAs) we are a close-knit bunch where every member is truly valued and each skillset is recognised.
- Proactively manage and maintain fee-earner diaries, making appointments and co-ordinating internal and external client meetings including the booking of meeting rooms, video conference facilities, refreshments, restaurants, taxis etc.
- Making travel arrangements (domestic and foreign), producing itineraries and ensuring expenses claims are completed.
- Management of fee-earners' inboxes when they are out of the office; monitoring and responding to emails, prioritising correspondence to enable fee earners to focus on urgent matters and using initiative to route emails to the appropriate individuals for swift response and action; wherever possible, responding to and filing emails in to iManage.
- Acting as the key contact point for internal and external queries posed to the fee-earners who you support.
- Being proactive by ensuring that the fee-earners have any paperwork, equipment and supplies required for any meetings, travel etc.
- Producing documentation as required – undertaking audio typing, drafting and amending documents, letters and correspondence where appropriate and proofreading all work to ensure consistent accuracy and high standard.
- Preparation of account forms.
- Coordination of the end-to-end billing process and Elite 3E financial reporting; assisting fee-earners by liaising with the billing team, producing the relevant documentation and reports, and prompting fee-earners to complete all necessary paperwork etc.
- Bundling – both electronic and hardcopy (copying; compiling; preparing an index; paginating).
- Undertaking research using the internet, databases etc.
- Performing Land Registry Searches.
- Liaising with clients, Counsel and other external parties.
- Supporting other PAs where required, especially during any absence.
- Using initiative to take responsibility of administration that will assist the fee earners.
- Ensuring all correspondence/documentation is correctly electronically filed on iManage.
- Experience in a demanding, high performing professional services environment (preferably in Real Estate Litigation but not essential)
- Extremely well organised with excellent diary management and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Display a high level of attention to detail.
- A proactive, flexible and self-motivated approach.
- A strong team player.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with BigHand, Elite 3E, iManage/FileSite would be advantageous.
Additional Information / System Used
- Outlook 365
- Word 365
- Powerpoint 365
- Excel 365
- BigHand Digital Dictation System
- Microsoft Teams
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
With almost 200 lawyers in one location, we ensure our clients have the right team to help them get from where they are to where they want to be. We advise major corporates and institutions as well as entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises which are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. As well as our significant business law capability, we are one of only a few London-based law firms with a large private wealth offering. Our clients find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.
Whether you are an ambitious and talented individual wanting to hit the ground running from day one, or an established professional looking for a new opportunity, Howard Kennedy is the firm where you can really make it happen.
We have earned a strong reputation for our exceptional and uniquely talented people who between them deliver outstanding results for clients. In a firm of our size, our strong team dynamic creates a thriving culture of creativity and entrepreneurialism. Howard Kennedy is a pragmatic and non-hierarchical environment where success is shared, and you are proactively encouraged to thrive at your own pace.
Our distinctive culture is built on fairness and respect. Guided by the firm’s values of talk straight, think smart and be yourself, everyone in the firm holds equal value, and everyone plays their role in supporting, encouraging and inspiring colleagues to do their best work.
At the same time, we recognise and reward individualism, celebrating the diversity of our people and supporting them to grow their practice and drive their own career advancement.
As well as client work, there is opportunity to broaden your horizons at the firm with fulfilling pro bono and charity projects. We have a regular social calendar full of wellbeing activities, charitable and social events too.