We are seeking an Operations Manager to join us in this exciting, newly created role. The aim of the role is to support the Head of Operations so that they can focus on the design and implementation of departmental strategy and operational excellence alongside the departments' strategic objectives.
The Corporate and Dispute Resolution Operations Manager will report to the Head of Operations and work closely with the business services counter-parts in other departments, e.g. HR, Finance, IT.
Vision and Strategy
- Assist and support department-wide communications.
- Provide input to the preparation of agendas for leadership meetings and department meetings.
- Prepare material for monthly email newsletters.
- Support with the implementation of each department's 3-year goals, which span: people, growth, client, reputation, smart working.
- Supporting the Head of Operations with input into firm-wide projects including financial management, IT projects, people priorities, collaboration between practice and sector groups, service delivery and operational matters.
- Undertaking administration tasks for example amending documents, creating reports and presentations, proof reading, organising divisional events etc.
Leadership and People Management
- Supporting the Head of Operations with ensuring that the resourcing needs of the department are fulfilled.
- Supporting the Talent and Pay Review processes.
- Supporting the standardisation of 'core' objectives per grade and team.
Risk and Quality
- Providing input into the development of processes and working practices to improve consistency of service delivery, file management and risk management across the department.
- Ensuring that handover of files from leavers is properly planned and executed such that potential problems are avoided.
- As above for lateral Partner joiners.
- Provide support for and input to the increased use of IT solutions.
- A great communicator, verbally and in writing
- Have a good sense of commerciality
- Be flexible in your approach
- Proactive and able to anticipate requirements
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Have a good eye for detail
- Someone for whom our values resonate.
Ideally you'll have the following skills/ experience
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- A professional services background.
- Well-honed relationship management skills.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.