Paralegal - Commercial Dispute Resolution, Media Litigation
We are looking for a Paralegal to join our Commercial Dispute Resolution team to support on media law work, including defamation, freedom of expression, privacy and contentious IP.
Our media and human rights work covers a broad spectrum and is often headline-making, with clients including global media organisations, publishing houses, NGOs and charities, individuals and corporates.
We regularly deal with high-profile and complex disputes meaning that we act quickly, assertively, and effectively for clients, providing creative solutions to challenging problems. Often delivering a successful outcome involves a multi-disciplinary approach, using a wider group of experts. We have an established network of other trusted and tested service providers, including counsel, accountants, data analysts, investigators, and foreign legal teams.
- Assisting the team in responding to a wide range of urgent and time critical queries from clients;
- Assisting with disclosure exercises;
- Filing and file-keeping;
- Assisting in preparing scope of works and letters of engagement;
- Providing administrative assistance for investigations and trials, including producing bundles;
- Performing research tasks using a range on online and traditional research resources;
- Accurately completing and processing legal forms and other documents; and
- Assisting with any other admin support when required.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
• Experience of working in a similar role within a high performing Media and Entertainment team within private practice.
• Experience of working within litigation.
• The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, clients and contacts at all levels.
• Sound judgement, with the ability to use your own initiative, taking responsibility where necessary and appropriate.
• Excellent organisational skills and good attention to detail, with a high standard of accuracy and the ability to deliver to demanding deadlines.
• A sound understanding of client confidentiality.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.