Paralegal - Real Estate, Banking & Real Estate Finance (6 month FTC)
Our Banking & Real Estate Finance team are recruiting for a Paralegal to join the team to assist in the legal process of assisting borrowers and lenders in financing and refinancing exercises. The role of the Paralegal will be to assist the fee earners in bringing transactions through to completion and where required to deal with post-completion matters.
The majority of the team's work is currently property based but this is not exclusive and the team also works on corporate and more specialised funding work.
The team is extremely busy dealing with numerous transactions, as such this role would suit those with excellent organisational skills.
- Assisting fee earners in progressing the banking side of transactions from instruction through to completion.
- Preparing and updating conditions precedent lists for borrower and lender clients.
- Preparation of Board/Members meeting minutes and resolutions for loan transactions.
- Reviewing, and where appropriate overseeing amendments to corporate constitutional documents and related formalities and ensuring compliance with filing requirements.
- Preparing standard form finance documents if based on a lenders or an in-house template form.
- Overseeing registration of security at Companies House by the post-completions team.
- For certain lenders dealing with formal assignment or sub-charging of security.
- Scheduling finance and banking documents and liaising with lenders to either store finance documents or supply them to the lenders in question.
- Working alongside colleagues within the team to ensure that often very tight deadlines to complete matters are met.
- Dealing with enquiries from borrowers’ and lender's solicitors.
- Contributing to the effectiveness of team work flow, including attending departmental and other appropriate briefings to assess current and future needs.
- Filing and file-keeping.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Previous experience in a similar Paralegal role with experience across the tasks outlined above.
- Experience of completing Companies House forms and using relevant search systems.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to enable efficient co-ordination of work.
- Experience of working effectively under pressure to deliver to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to communicate with clients and others in a helpful and efficient manner, responding to client queries where appropriate.
- Proactivity in assisting the team, with the ability to take responsibility for projects.
- Good attention to detail.
- A pro-active and conscientious approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.