Paralegal - Real Estate, Banking & Real Estate Finance (6 month FTC)
We are seeking an experienced paralegal to join our highly ranked Banking & Real Estate Finance (BREF) team on a fixed term basis for 6 months. The paralegal is one of a team of five. Their work focusses on the smaller instructions from challenger banks and bridging/development loan funders that form the core of the team’s client base, offering a turnkey operation which enhances the attractiveness to lender clients of the BREF team's overall service proposition.
The role, which involves day-to-day contact with and advising of clients, as part of a collegiate team environment where people work together to deliver outstanding client service, reports to a senior lawyer in the BREF team.
The ideal candidate will have had experience with volume property finance transactions and will be organised, self-motivated and committed to delivering quality work for clients within tight deadlines.
This opportunity will allow you to develop and grow your legal expertise and case management skills, and you will also be encouraged to develop your business development and marketing skills.
- Implementing on each new lending instruction the formal team protocol to deliver as far as is possible a turnkey service.
- Having day to day conduct (subject to associate supervision) and responsibility for short term secured loan instructions from banks and bridging lenders from instruction to completion.
- Overseeing post-completion registration and other formalities.
- Dealing with loan redemptions, discharges of whole and parts of securities, loan tranche releases and further advances.
- Handling client expectations and deadlines in a proactive manner.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in property finance transactions, ideally with specific knowledge and experience of acting on behalf of challenger banks and bridging/development loan funders.
- Previous experience of operating in a high-performing environment with a significant amount of client contact.
- Understanding of basic property elements including exposure to Land Registry titles and registrations.
- Confidence in dealing with client queries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- The ability to work with others effectively, including assisting others with prioritising and file management tasks.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise and perform in a high volume, deadline-orientated role.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- An understanding of the importance of excellent client service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and some understanding of case management software.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.