Paralegal - Real Estate, Residential Development Sales (6 month FTC)
This role will assist in the legal process of selling apartments and houses off-plan on behalf of large-scale residential developer clients. Generally, the team manages approximately 10,000 active files at any point. Typically, each development can range from 8 to 1,800 apartments. The team is made up of 22 members and is split into sub-teams which nominally look after specific developer clients.
The team is focused on providing an innovative, bespoke, premium service to clients. The type of work tends to be at the top end of the development scale and includes iconic city buildings such The Heron, Pan Peninsula, and Embassy Gardens (Nine Elms). The team have been known to sell up to 250 apartments in one weekend on development launches and have also acted on innovative structures such as the sale of an apart-hotel for investment purchase.
- Dealing with all aspects of the conveyancing sales process from start to finish, from compiling and sending out papers with exchange deadlines, to completions. This can be up to 100 files per day.
- Working alongside colleagues within the team to reach completion and exchange deadlines.
- Dealing with enquiries from purchasers’ solicitors.
- Receiving and chasing purchaser deposits where necessary.
- Maintaining up-to-date client matter schedules for both internal and external use.
- Producing and supplying other information/documents/reports, both internally and externally, that are logical, accurate, and in the correct format.
- Contributing to the effectiveness of team work flow, including attending departmental and other appropriate briefings to assess current and future needs.
- Filing and file-keeping.
- Other ad hoc related tasks.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of conveyancing processes.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high volume deadline driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Sound judgement, with the ability to use your own initiative, taking responsibility where necessary and appropriate.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to perform in a high volume, deadline-orientated role.
- Good attention to detail, with a high standard of accuracy.
- A sound understanding of client confidentiality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.