Senior Associate - Dispute Resolution, Commercial Dispute Resolution
Our Commercial Dispute Resolution team serves a range of clients including large, international corporations, successful entrepreneurs and other ultra-high net worth individuals, as well as states and parastatal entities. The team's experience covers all forms of commercial dispute resolution including international arbitration, litigation and mediation. We work across a number of sectors from energy and commodities to financial services and deploy a bespoke strategy based on our clients' commercial objectives and budget.
We have acted on a number of ground-breaking, high-profile cases, which have received significant media attention. Our reputation for handling complex, international disputes is growing as we continue to win exciting, big-ticket work - a credit to the calibre of our lawyers.
Whilst the team is amongst the largest in the firm, it enjoys a close-knit, collegiate feel. Members enjoy an interesting variety of work in a supportive and collaborative atmosphere.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Associate to join the team working closely with Partners and lawyers at all levels on a variety of interesting matters. The successful candidate will be able to work in a stimulating environment and be given a good deal of responsibility and client contact. They will also contribute towards business development and marketing activities, maintaining client relationships and contributing to knowhow internally and externally.
- Assisting with all stages of the life-cycle of a contentious matter from the review of initial information upon first instruction to the conclusion of a matter, including the preparation of pre-action correspondence, issuing court and arbitral proceedings, preparation of pleadings, witness evidence, expert evidence and disclosure and all other work required on a matter to bring it to trial/ final hearing or to settlement.
- Helping to formulate strategy.
- Effectively managing important workstreams on matters and delegating effectively.
- Instructing and liaising with Counsel and other experts where necessary.
- Attending meetings with clients, Counsel and opposing parties.
- Assisting the team in responding to urgent and time critical queries from clients.
- Assisting with tasks relating to costs and fees, including preparing fee estimates for clients, preparing costs schedules during proceedings, and liaising with costs draftsmen and ATE insurers.
- Contributing to sector and focus groups as required.
- Strong experience of commercial dispute resolution matters preferably including a mix of litigation and international arbitration mandates.
- The ability to think through difficult problems and identify effective solutions in an efficient manner.
- Strong drafting skills, including the ability to convey arguments clearly, succinctly and persuasively.
- Strong legal skills, including proficiency in research and the ability to digest and explain complex legal and factual points.
- Comfort in using initiative and taking responsibility for managing workstreams.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail with the ability to perform in an exacting, deadline-orientated role.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others to provide a quality service to clients and colleagues.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills: working to tight deadlines where the input of others is often required, managing workloads effectively.
- Flexibility in approach.
- A pragmatic, commercial approach to problem solving.
- Excellent business development skills.
- The ability to mentor and supervise less experienced members of the team.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.