Senior Associate, Real Estate - Planning
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Associate with planning experience to join our thriving and growing Planning and Environment Team. This is a fast-paced, autonomous role that will provide real scope, quality work and the chance to develop and grow your expertise. You will work on all aspects of planning and environmental law, and have the opportunity to be involved in Business Development.
- Providing strategic planning advice
- Advising on community infrastructure levy regulations
- Drafting planning due diligence reports / replies in Certificates of Title
- Drafting environmental due diligence reports / replies in Certificates of Title
- Drafting and negotiating s106 agreements
- Drafting and negotiating s278 and s38 agreements
- Drafting planning provisions for contracts conditional on planning
- Drafting planning warranties and indemnities into contracts of sale and purchase and option agreements
- Drafting environmental warranties and indemnities into contracts of sale and purchase and option agreements
- Managing planning appeals and judicial review proceedings
- Managing inquiries into local authority plans
- Carrying out planning due diligence from the perspectives of buyer, seller, funder, and developer in both real estate and corporate transactions
- Carrying environmental due diligence from the perspectives of buyer, seller, funder, and developer in both real estate and corporate transactions
The Planning and Environment team and wider Real Estate Department has a very open and collegiate team structure and you will be encouraged to be involved in business development initiatives and also to assist in training and development.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Strong technical experience of complex and varied Planning issues
- Ability to quickly and effectively gain an understanding of clients' needs and how best to meet them;
- Confident and effective communication style;
- Experience and confidence to supervise and mentor less-experienced members of the team;
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to provide a quality service to both internal and external clients;
- Strong analytical abilities with a keen eye for detail and accuracy;
- Good organisational skills, record keeping and file management;
- Flexibility in approach to client's needs; and
- Ability to perform in a high volume, deadline-orientated role.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.