Senior Legal Cashier
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with proven experience in a Legal Cashiering role to join us as a Senior Legal Cashier. Reporting to, and assisting the Head Cashier on a day-to-day basis with the running of Client and Office Account functions, supporting the business with all cashiering tasks.
You will be primarily focussed on overseeing the Office Account Team function however there will also be opportunity to support the Client account team as needs arise.
This role will allow you to gain exposure to a variety of different tasks on a daily basis.
- Supervising two cashiers including day to day Supervision of two Legal Cashiers including supervising and allocating their workload and providing support for any queries
- Checking final stage & second release of payments using Barclays / RBS online banking systems
- Overseeing the cashiering inbox including, delegating workflow to the team, ensuring completion of tasks, acting as point of escalation for queries, and reporting.
- Working closely with the Head Legal Cashier on any ad project related work for example, reporting, residual balance investigation, and global reconciliation.
- Providing cover and support to the other Senior Legal Cashier in the team.
- Managing CHAPS Payments process through our online banking systems. Barclays RBS & Lloyds Bank.
- Reconciling bank statements with Elite Cashbook entries.
- Entering Counsel fee notes and other payments into Elite & reconciling statements.
- Processing weekly purchase ledger BACS payment runs.
- Monitoring online banking facilities for receipts and payments.
- Raising office account cheque payments.
- Processing office Account cheque receipts.
- Entering supplier invoices into Elite & reconciling supplier statements.
- Nominal journals.
- Processing bank to bank transfers and journals.
- Loading CSV files from suppliers through Excel into Elite.
- Chasing internal allocation of rechargeable disbursements.
- Raising Client account cheque payments.
- Processing Client account cheque receipts.
- Processing client to client account journals.
- Processing client to office account bill payments.
- Operation of designated deposits.
- Dealing with queries from fee earners and support staff.
- Liaising with banks.
- Filing & archiving.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Proven experience in a similar role within the legal industry, having gained exposure to the variety of tasks outlined.
- The ability to organise and prioritise your own workload, working well in a deadline driven environment
- Experience of supervising and developing team members, encouraging and supporting their ongoing learning and development.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of Solicitors Accounts rules.
- Knowledge of VAT regulations.
- An awareness on Money Laundering regulations and risk procedures.
- The ability and confidence to liaise with fee earners at all levels to resolve their queries in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Excellent team working skills, demonstrating flexibility and a willingness to assist others in the team when necessary.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
With almost 200 lawyers in one location, we ensure our clients have the right team to help them get from where they are to where they want to be. We advise major corporates and institutions as well as entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises which are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. As well as our significant business law capability, we are one of only a few London-based law firms with a large private wealth offering. Our clients find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.
Whether you are an ambitious and talented individual wanting to hit the ground running from day one, or an established professional looking for a new opportunity, Howard Kennedy is the firm where you can really make it happen.
We have earned a strong reputation for our exceptional and uniquely talented people who between them deliver outstanding results for clients. In a firm of our size, our strong team dynamic creates a thriving culture of creativity and entrepreneurialism. Howard Kennedy is a pragmatic and non-hierarchical environment where success is shared, and you are proactively encouraged to thrive at your own pace.
Our distinctive culture is built on fairness and respect. Guided by the firm’s values of talk straight, think smart and be yourself, everyone in the firm holds equal value, and everyone plays their role in supporting, encouraging and inspiring colleagues to do their best work.
At the same time, we recognise and reward individualism, celebrating the diversity of our people and supporting them to grow their practice and drive their own career advancement.
As well as client work, there is opportunity to broaden your horizons at the firm with fulfilling pro bono and charity projects. We have a regular social calendar full of wellbeing activities, charitable and social events too.