Solicitor - Corporate, Immigration
This is a great opportunity for a solicitor with strong UK immigration experience to become part of a growing practice group. You will gain exposure across a range of clients and have responsibility for managing your own caseload, drafting initial query advice and liaising with clients and third parties. You will be working closely with the Head of Immigration and will also have the opportunity to gain broader business development exposure in order to further raise the profile of the practice.
The practice has an equal split of corporate and private client immigration matters. Being able to lead and work autonomously on corporate accounts, ensuring the maintenance of clients' sponsor management systems is essential. A thorough understanding of the Skilled Worker and Global Business Mobility categories is required. You will also have the opportunity to work with private clients on a wide range of immigration matters. Experience in Naturalisation, Tier 1 (Investor), Global Talent (Tech Nation), Appendix FM, Sponsor Licence, Start-up and Innovator applications is desirable.
You will be working in an exciting and growing team. You will be fully supported in your career progression and will work in a welcoming and rewarding environment.
- Managing own caseload of immigration cases – both corporate accounts and private clients
- Providing immigration advice and an excellent client service to both corporate and private clients
- Supervising and managing more junior staff members, including the Paralegal in the team
- Responding to initial general query advice
- Ensuring delivery of client-focused work, completed to high quality and consistent standards
- Liaising with third parties including the Home Office and intermediaries
- Drafting press releases and blog articles for publication
- Contributing to marketing and business development initiatives of team and firm
You will be able to demonstrate;
- Proven experience in a similar role at a recognised and well-established immigration practice
- Experience managing own caseload
- Experience dealing with applications under the Tier 1 (Investor), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), Global Talent (Tech Nation), Appendix FM, Sponsor Licence, Skilled Worker, GBM, Start-up and Innovator routes
- The ability to deal with complex client issues
- Excellent organisational skills – working to tight deadlines where the input of others is often required, managing and prioritising your own workload
- Thoroughness and excellent attention to detail with the ability to perform in a high volume, deadline-orientated role
- A confident and effective written and verbal communication style
- Ability to work well under pressure, remaining calm and focussed
- Ability to work in a team and to multitask
- Proactivity in taking responsibility for cases
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive information and high-profile clients
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.