Solicitor, Real Estate - Residential Conveyancing
This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic Residential Conveyancing team as a Solicitor.
Howard Kennedy has a leading residential real estate department with repeat referrals from leading estate agents, buying agents, financial intermediaries and clients. We have experience, expertise and knowledge of the market and the deal process involved. The team is proactive, commercial and efficient and always keeps our clients informed throughout the conveyancing process.
We provide clear and straightforward advice and regularly support clients in residential and investment property sales and purchases, leasehold enfranchisement, planning considerations, and construction and building contracts.
- Dealing with all aspects of residential transactions (Leasehold and Freehold transactions).
- Undertaking due diligence, preparing reports on title, dealing with elements of the contract and/or supplemental documents.
- Dealing with property aspects for financing transactions and certificates or disclosure of title.
- Management of own files (subject to supervision as necessary).
- Assisting more senior fee earners on larger transactions.
- Responsibility for participating in business development and client relationship management activities.
- Assisting and mentoring more junior members of the team including Trainees and Paralegals.
- Co-ordinating all aspects of the conveyancing sales process from end to end, delivering in line with client expectations and deadlines.
- Dealing directly with solicitor and client enquiries, along with any internal enquiries.
- Ensuring that up-to-date client matter schedules are maintained for both internal and external use.
- Contributing where possible to the effectiveness of team workflow, including attending departmental and other appropriate briefings to assess current and future needs.
- Proven post qualification experience within a high performing Residential Conveyancing department.
- Experience of working effectively under pressure to deliver to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Pro-active and conscientious approach to work.
- Strong ability to communicate with clients and other contacts in a helpful, confidential and efficient way.
- Experience of time recording using Elite or a similar system.
- Experience of using Filesite or a similar document management system.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.