Team Assistant - Corporate
To provide first class professional Team Assistant support to a number of PAs/EAs and fee earners within the Corporate Department.
Team Assistants work principally for a designated department, however all Team Assistants work as part of a team with shared responsibilities. Team Assistants will be expected to prioritise and share tasks when appropriate in order to meet business needs.
This is an excellent opportunity for school or college leavers looking to gain hands on experience in a law firm.
To provide PAs/EAs and fee earners with effective, pro-active professional and high quality administrative support that enables them to focus on providing legal services to clients, and PAs/EAs to provide personal/client management to Partners. It is a key requirement that the Team Assistant is able to demonstrate exceptional organisational skills and an ability to use their initiative at all times. They will be an integral part of a busy team and will need to interact daily with PAs/EAs and fee earners and have the ability to prioritise workloads and liaise with other support functions to ensure timely delivery.
Working across a variety of tasks and responsibilities including (but not limited to):
- Document management - drafting, formatting, comparing, converting, amending, typing emails/letters/documents and filing when required.
- Ensuring any electronic and paper filing are kept up to date.
- Small volume photocopying, printing and scanning, with delivery/collection of large volume of photocopying, scanning and couriers to/from the Document Services team.
- Undertaking conflict searches and further research using the internet, databases etc.
- File opening and closing, following compliance rules.
- Collating and indexing legal documentation, both physical documents and/or electronic documents.
- Assisting with scheduling of original deeds and documents and arranging storage.
- Maintaining the stationery supplies and ensuring the areas are kept tidy.
- Downloading and uploading of documents from/to data rooms and saving into the appropriate files/locations.
- Scanning all incoming post/documents and saving to the appropriate file within iManage.
- Updating contacts and assisting with other ad hoc Business Development tasks.
- Finance related administration - assisting with inputting expenses onto Chrome River, dealing with all forms of payment requests and minor Elite 3E queries e.g. telegraphic transfers, producing proformas.
- Booking departmental and other internal meetings.
- Support to other TAs/PAs/EAs where required, especially during any absence.
- Assisting with any other department ad hoc duties.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills with individuals all levels
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Careful attention to detail in all work
- Ability to work well under pressure remaining calm and focussed
- A resilient character with a positive attitude
- Ability to work well under own initiative and part of busy team
- Displays discretion when dealing with sensitive information
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
With almost 200 lawyers in one location, we ensure our clients have the right team to help them get from where they are to where they want to be. We advise major corporates and institutions as well as entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises which are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. As well as our significant business law capability, we are one of only a few London-based law firms with a large private wealth offering. Our clients find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.
Whether you are an ambitious and talented individual wanting to hit the ground running from day one, or an established professional looking for a new opportunity, Howard Kennedy is the firm where you can really make it happen.
We have earned a strong reputation for our exceptional and uniquely talented people who between them deliver outstanding results for clients. In a firm of our size, our strong team dynamic creates a thriving culture of creativity and entrepreneurialism. Howard Kennedy is a pragmatic and non-hierarchical environment where success is shared, and you are proactively encouraged to thrive at your own pace.
Our distinctive culture is built on fairness and respect. Guided by the firm’s values of talk straight, think smart and be yourself, everyone in the firm holds equal value, and everyone plays their role in supporting, encouraging and inspiring colleagues to do their best work.
At the same time, we recognise and reward individualism, celebrating the diversity of our people and supporting them to grow their practice and drive their own career advancement.
As well as client work, there is opportunity to broaden your horizons at the firm with fulfilling pro bono and charity projects. We have a regular social calendar full of wellbeing activities, charitable and social events too.