Team Assistant – Private Client & Family
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate to join us in a Team Assistant (TA) role, providing support to Legal EAs/PAs, and fee earners in our Private Client & Family Department. The role will be primarily to support our Private Client & Family Department and when capacity allows also assist the other departments in the firm.
This role will provide high quality professional support to EAs/PAs and fee earners which will in turn enable the fee earners to focus on providing high quality professional legal services to clients and EAs/PAs to provide exceptional professional support to fee earners and clients. It is a key requirement that the Team Assistant is able to demonstrate flexibility and exceptional organisational skills and an ability to use their initiative at all times. They will be an integral part of a busy team and will need to interact daily with EAs/PAs and fee earners and have the ability to prioritise workloads and liaise with other support functions to ensure timely delivery.
Our TAs work principally for a designated department, however, TAs will be expected to work as part of a team with shared responsibilities. TAs are expected to prioritise tasks as appropriate in order to meet business needs.
- Collating work returned from DPC, proofreading, amending and putting into drafts within Outlook, adding any attachments and sending on fee earner's behalf.
- Drafting, formatting and amending emails/documents when required.
- Printing of emails and attachments.
- Small volume photocopying and scanning, with delivery/collection of large volume of photocopying, scanning and couriers to/from the Document Services team.
- Undertaking conflict searches.
- File opening and closing ensuring that all compliance rules are adhered to.
- Collating and indexing legal documentation, both physical documents and/or electronic documents.
- Assisting with scheduling of original deeds and documents and arranging for storage of same.
- Filing - Ensuring any electronic/paper filing required is kept up to date.
- Undertaking research using the internet, databases etc.
- Updating and following procedures for the binding and/or storage of Wills and using Willbase.
- Maintaining the stationery supplies and ensuring the areas are kept tidy.
- Support to other TAs where required, especially during any absence.
- Downloading Land Registry documents and saving to appropriate files.
- Downloading and uploading of documents from/to Data Rooms and saving into the appropriate files.
- Scanning all incoming post/documents and saving to the appropriate file.
- Updating contacts
- Understanding how to submit full property searches, keeping the fee earner up to date on search results received, and chasing down outstanding search results.
- Assisting with ad hoc Business Development tasks.
- Dealing with all forms of payment requests eg office account payments, TTs etc.
- Inputting expenses on Chrome River.
- Assisting with minor Elite 3e queries – eg transferring time, producing proformas etc.
- Booking departmental meetings and checking set-up of internal meetings.
- Comparing different documents using Comparite.
- Converting documents to PDF format or PDF to Word.
- Any other ad hoc duties.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft and other commonly used software.
- Effective and professional telephone manner.
- The ability to work either on own initiative or part of team.
- The ability to anticipate problems and develop solutions.
- Good organisational skills and time-management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work well under pressure remaining calm and focussed.
- Enthusiastic, can-do approach to tasks and situations as well as requests for action outside normal scope of duties.
- Strong communication skills, with individuals of all levels.
- The ability to be flexible and self-motivated.
- The ability to display discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.