At Howard Kennedy you will have all the space you need to be yourself, as well as enjoying rewarding work with exceptional colleagues. During your time with us, we will offer you a varied role as an integral part of an ambitious team delivering the day-to-day execution of the firm's communications and marketing strategy.
We will give you all the support you need to thrive and take an active role in the effective implementation of the firm's 13 'go to market' group business development strategies from a MarComms perspective. As part of a growing marketing and communications function, you will have the opportunity to run and implement integrated campaigns.
We will encourage you to use your unique set of skills, strengths and perspective collaborating with MarComms colleagues across digital, internal communications and events to enhance brand visibility and increase engagement with target audiences.
- Collaborate extensively with the MarComms team to develop and deliver creative external campaigns to showcase and support the successful execution of the firm's strategy.
- Proactively promote and protect the reputation of the firm by taking an integrated approach to communications and marketing.
- Work with business development colleagues to amplify campaigns, identifying the issues, themes and trends our partners can comment on that align with GTMG offerings and strategies.
- Develop and implement media relations plans and proactively engage with journalists to build and maintain relationships, identifying comment opportunities for partners, raising the profile of key spokespeople.
- Create compelling campaign content including thought leadership and devise creative ways of reaching our target audiences using a multi-channel approach, ensuring consistency with brand visual identity, voice, and style.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including management committee, partners and business services teams; support the development of leadership communications.
- Track and report on effectiveness of communications and marketing strategies
We are looking for creative and motivated individuals who bring different skills, strengths and lived experiences. Ideally you will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven track record of successfully delivering communications campaigns either at an agency or in house
- Enthusiasm, energy, and commitment and the ability to gain the respect and trust of partners and business services colleagues at all levels of seniority.
- A creative, proactive and enthusiastic approach, bringing new ideas to the table.
- Flexibility and adaptability with brilliant oral and written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- A proactive team player, who is adaptable and self-motivated and who thrives when working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A strong understanding of business issues, trends, and current affairs
- Experience of integrated multi-media content and campaigns
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
With almost 200 lawyers in one location, we ensure our clients have the right team to help them get from where they are to where they want to be. We advise major corporates and institutions as well as entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises which are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. As well as our significant business law capability, we are one of only a few London-based law firms with a large private wealth offering. Our clients find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.
Whether you are an ambitious and talented individual wanting to hit the ground running from day one, or an established professional looking for a new opportunity, Howard Kennedy is the firm where you can really make it happen.
We have earned a strong reputation for our exceptional and uniquely talented people who between them deliver outstanding results for clients. In a firm of our size, our strong team dynamic creates a thriving culture of creativity and entrepreneurialism. Howard Kennedy is a pragmatic and non-hierarchical environment where success is shared, and you are proactively encouraged to thrive at your own pace.
Our distinctive culture is built on fairness and respect. Guided by the firm’s values of talk straight, think smart and be yourself, everyone in the firm holds equal value, and everyone plays their role in supporting, encouraging and inspiring colleagues to do their best work.
At the same time, we recognise and reward individualism, celebrating the diversity of our people and supporting them to grow their practice and drive their own career advancement.
As well as client work, there is opportunity to broaden your horizons at the firm with fulfilling pro bono and charity projects. We have a regular social calendar full of wellbeing activities, charitable and social events too.