Junior Service Desk Analyst
We are looking for a Junior Service Desk Analyst to join our team on a permanent basis. Our Service Desk Analysts are responsible for assisting in the smooth running and manning of the Howard Kennedy IT Service Desk. You will be delivering 1st and 2nd line support to approximately 400 users remotely and at desk side and ensuring appropriate resolution of support queries.
The Service Desk function starts from 08.00am through to 6.30pm. You will be on a rotating shift pattern on the following rota basis:
- 08.00 – 16.30
- 09.00 – 17.30
- 09.30 – 18.00
- 10.00 – 18.30
- Answer and log service desk calls that are received via phone and email in a timely manner
- Proactively monitor unassigned queue in Service Desk Plus and action
- Resolve IT Support issues, aiming to resolve as many calls as possible as first point of contact
- Research resolution to issues, escalating within team as applicable
- Inform users of progress with issues
- Maintenance of user accounts on various systems, including AD and Exchange
- Maintenance of the Firm’s hardware, i.e., mobile devices, laptops, PC’s, monitors, etc.
- Process management such as new joiners, leavers, mobile management, laptop loans, asset management, etc.
- Conference/Meeting room set up and AV support
- Software problem resolution – legal and bespoke
- Documentation – knowledge base input
- Building and installing PCs and Laptops
- Admin – inventory and stock take and register maintenance
- Assistance with project work and implementation
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Experience of working in a professional services environment – legal experience is advantageous
- Experience with call logging software and 1st/2nd line support
- Experience of working with applications used by law firms (time capture, document comparison, legal information systems) would be beneficial
- Advanced knowledge of PC hardware set-up and configuration (including printers and wireless devices)
- Understanding of the basic concepts of IP networking and ethernet cabling
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis Windows 10
- Demonstrable experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office with emphasis on MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation etc.)
- Experience of providing support via remote control applications
- Workstation Image/Build creation
- An ITIL qualification (ITIL Service Delivery / ITIL Foundation) would be particularly beneficial
- A solid base of technical knowledge, with a skill level capable of supporting Incidents at the first level or beyond.
- A positive attitude and work ethic.
- Capability of working in a team and collaborating with, and supporting colleagues.
- The ability to change priorities quickly, and the capacity to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment
- The ability to work independently but also with colleagues
- A commitment to delivering service on time and to the highest standards
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to take on other tasks and responsibilities as the needs arise
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.