Learning and Development Manager
At Howard Kennedy, we believe that investing in our employees is key to achieving excellence. That's why we are seeking an experienced Learning and Development Manager to lead our learning and development initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering impactful learning programs that will enhance the skills and knowledge of our people, fee earners, partners, and Business Services, resulting in improved performance and overall success for our firm.
The Learning and Development Manager will report into the Head of HR and work closely with the HR team, partners, employees, and external vendors to create and implement learning strategies. We are committed to being an innovative firm and continuously improving, therefore the Learning and Development Manager will play a critical role in the firm’s success.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive learning and development strategy that aligns with our business goals and objectives.
- Partner with leaders across the firm to identify skill gaps and design training programs to address skill deficiencies.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the HR team to identify skills gaps and shape development programmes to align with the firm's talent programme.
- Update career frameworks to include the Responsible Business pillar and to ensure alignment to strategy.
- Work closely with the Early Careers Senior Adviser to build an SQE development programme, to support assessment days and other needs of the early career's strategy.
- Line manages the Learning and Inclusion Coordinator.
- Support the Diversity and Inclusion strategy with relevant development interventions.
- Create and deliver engaging training programs that cater to different learning styles and levels of experience, including train-the-trainer sessions for internal stakeholders.
- Identify, review and manage external vendors, including but not limited to eLearning providers, training consultants and coaches.
- Measure and report on the success of learning and development initiatives to senior management, identify areas of improvement, implementing changes when needed.
- Work closely with the early Careers Senior Adviser to deliver Apprenticeships.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and best practices in learning and development.
- In-depth experience in learning and development, preferably in the legal services industry.
- Proven experience designing and delivering training programs that increase employee skills and knowledge, ultimately driving business results.
- Experience of developing D&I programmes.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills, with experience delivering training to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated project management skills, with a track record of effectively managing multiple projects at once.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with individuals at all levels.
- Knowledge of current learning and development trends, tools, and technologies.
- Passion for learning and development and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Experience of line management.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.