People Development & Culture Assistant (Part-time - 4 days per week)
We are looking for a People Development and Culture Assistant to join our HR team on a part-time, permanent basis. This role will support the development of the firm at an exciting time in its growth.
You will work alongside the Head of People Development and Culture to develop our people. As this role is a mix of development and culture, you will also be involved in supporting the engagement and inclusion strategy, which is a focus of our Responsible Business strategy.
We're looking for someone who has strong organisational skills, who wants to develop their knowledge in learning and development, and culture change. Strong IT skills are critical and training on the specific systems used will be provided. You will liaise with a wide range of internal stakeholders and as we are a people focused firm, you must have a passion to work with people.
You can expect to be busy in this role and enjoy the feeling that you're contributing to the delivery of the firm's strategic goals.
- Working with the Early Careers Senior Advisor to administer the central trainee programme.
- Map out the annual development curriculum alongside the Head of People Development and Culture. The formal training sessions will cover both fee earners and non- fee earners.
- Promote available training to employees (on our intranet, Bridge It; via emails using Vuture etc)
- Administer the registrations for training sessions and send reminders.
- Managing the administration of firmwide learning events (outsourced and/or in-house).
- Set up and host Zoom sessions, recording and uploading to Stream as appropriate.
- Where necessary, securing conference rooms (internal or external) and necessary AV/IT support, coordinating room set-up and materials, and troubleshooting as needed.
- Gather and analyse feedback from facilitators and participants after each session. We currently use SurveyMonkey for all our surveys.
- Identify development trends/needs in the feedback to raise with Head of People Development and Culture. Keep up to date with industry trends and suggest new areas of development.
- Administer the Reverse Mentoring programme, which is currently part of our Future Leaders' Programme.
- Set up one to one meetings with the Future Leaders and People Development and Culture Manager.
- Support the administration of the Apprenticeship Programme, alongside the Early Careers Senior Adviser.
- Support work experience programme, alongside Early Careers Senior Adviser.
- Administer engagement surveys using SurveyMonkey.
- Support the Inclusion initiatives which will include setting up relevant training sessions with external facilitators.
- Support the development of networks across the firm, eg. paralegal network.
- Support the campaigns which are currently focused on LGBTQ+; women; Black, Asian, Minority Ethnics; disability; working with the relevant Forum groups. Our Inclusion initiatives form part of our Responsible Business focus.
- Evaluate and recommend process improvements to ensure department efficiency.
- Assist with special projects and collaborates with other departments as needed.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Experience of working in a law firm or a professional services environment in a training or professional development role, coordinating training and/or professional development programs and initiatives
- Knowledge of effective learning and development strategies, including new ideas
- Knowledge of diversity and inclusion trends and initiatives
- Excellent level of IT literacy, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Strong organisational and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to manage and handle multiple tasks
- Outstanding client service and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.