This is an excellent opportunity for a Records Coordinator to join our Records team. You will play a pivotal role in maintaining and organising important legal files as well as dealing with ad hoc queries from lawyers and support staff within the firm.
Our records team are well respected by all within the firm and operate as part of our wider facilities team. The team will support you in your development and training to ensure a smooth running of the records team. You will have a strong interest in Records management and a desire to work in a friendly team.
- Making amendments to Matters
- Making amendments to Clients Records
- File closing upon request, sometimes high volumes
- Dealing with requests from across the firm
- Dealing with queries from everyone in the firm
- Producing Reports reports for lists of clients
- Creating reports for lists of files/deeds/wills
- Updating and checking all clients and matters opened on a daily basis
- Archiving files, sending files to storage, updating 3E with archiving information and barcoding files and boxes to be sent to the Storage Company
- Compiling a list of orders to be ordered from storage twice a week
- Sorting Items sent from storage
- Manual Handling – Collecting boxes from all floors
Ideally you will demonstrate;
- Excellent client facing skills
- Experience working within a law firm or professional services business.
- A keen eye for detail
- Strong time management skills
- A can-do attitude and proactive approach
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Willing to learn new IT systems
- A keenness to take ownership of projects and tasks and deliver them successfully
- The ability to communicate confidently and clearly both verbally and in writing
- An ability to prioritise and manage time
- Proficiency in using Mattershpere and 3E
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
With almost 200 lawyers in one location, we ensure our clients have the right team to help them get from where they are to where they want to be. We advise major corporates and institutions as well as entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises which are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. As well as our significant business law capability, we are one of only a few London-based law firms with a large private wealth offering. Our clients find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.
Whether you are an ambitious and talented individual wanting to hit the ground running from day one, or an established professional looking for a new opportunity, Howard Kennedy is the firm where you can really make it happen.
We have earned a strong reputation for our exceptional and uniquely talented people who between them deliver outstanding results for clients. In a firm of our size, our strong team dynamic creates a thriving culture of creativity and entrepreneurialism. Howard Kennedy is a pragmatic and non-hierarchical environment where success is shared, and you are proactively encouraged to thrive at your own pace.
Our distinctive culture is built on fairness and respect. Guided by the firm’s values of talk straight, think smart and be yourself, everyone in the firm holds equal value, and everyone plays their role in supporting, encouraging and inspiring colleagues to do their best work.
At the same time, we recognise and reward individualism, celebrating the diversity of our people and supporting them to grow their practice and drive their own career advancement.
As well as client work, there is opportunity to broaden your horizons at the firm with fulfilling pro bono and charity projects. We have a regular social calendar full of wellbeing activities, charitable and social events too.