Senior Business Development Executive, International
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with previous Business Development (BD) experience. This role works closely with the Head of International, other regional groups, and members of the BD and marketing team to enable the firm to maximise its international relationships and opportunities and help deliver the international strategy.
This role is to support the firm's international business development plan which includes regional taskforces and international law firm networks (Meritas and LAW).
MANAGING EXISTING RELATIONSHIPS
- Managing on-going relationships with Meritas and LAW network firms, economic development agencies (such as OCO Global, GTM Global and London & Partners) and other relevant multipliers/connected or associated parties.
- Developing and managing relationships with the BD & Marketing team to understand their day-to-day activities and how these might be aided by the international group.
- Supporting the implementation of the International BD plan and creating regular or monthly reports of activity.
- Maintaining participation with IBA, Meritas and LAW membership organisations and arranging relevant lawyer attendance at conferences and events.
- Collating international group content and marketing collateral for use in pitches and credential documents developed by others in the BD team with an international component.
- Coordinating lawyer meetings with network and other firms when attending international conferences or client meetings.
- Introducing the international initiative during the firm's induction process for new joiners.
- Following up on email enquiries to update status on in-bound/out-bound referrals.
- Assisting with raising the profile of the International group and its work within the firm.
- Supporting international sponsorship opportunities, events (in person and virtual) and speaking engagements delivered by the firm's international groups.
- Ensuring relevant events delivered by the firm's go-to-market groups are promoted through appropriate international channels.
- Distributing relevant content from other go-to-market groups through international marketing communication channels.
- Maintaining up-to-date records of new international clients/matters opened and referrals and in and out of the firm.
- Keeping internal database of all in-bound/out-bound referrals and then providing this information for the Meritas and LAW websites.
- Maintaining status of any matters arising from these referrals on the Meritas and LAW websites and datasheet.
- Collating feedback from foreign trips and network events through the CRM system and managing follow-up by lawyers involved.
- Following up on Quality Assurance feedback forms – sending reminders to lawyers to ensure out-bound referrers are being scored on performance.
- Setting up and maintaining an international database of 'Best Friends' lawyers.
- Using systems such as the CRM system to track, measure and report on international BD activity.
- Keeping up-to-date records of the wider international budget, include Regional sub-groups.
- Assisting in production of bi-annual financial report with analysis on regions and incoming work.
- Managing and reporting on international BD budget.
- Updating the internal intranet with current relevant information.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Experience in a similar role within a high performing professional services environment.
- Strong relationship building skills, with the ability to build good rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to build and retain an holistic knowledge of the international practice across the firm.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work off your own initiative.
- Ability to work well in a deadline driven environment, managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent organisational skills and time-management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Relevant financial systems, such as 3E
- Relevant digital content management systems, such as Vuture
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.