Team Assistant - Dispute Resolution, Business Crime
This is an excellent opportunity for school, college leavers or a current Team Assistant looking to gain hands on experience in a law firm on a permanent basis in the niche area of Business Crime and Regulatory.
We are looking for a proactive, organised Team Assistant that will provide first class professional support to two PAs together with a number of fee earners in the friendly, dynamic Business Crime and Regulatory Team (which is part of the wider Dispute Resolution Department). This role will be an integral part of the team and will offer great exposure to all aspects of the administration required for different high profile and confidential matters.
Team Assistants work principally for a designated department, in this case, Business Crime & Regulatory, however there is another Team Assistant in Dispute Resolution and you will work together with shared responsibilities.
- File opening and closure, following compliance rules.
- Archiving of closed files.
- Undertaking legal research using the internet, databases etc.
- Typing of standard attendance notes and letters.
- Typing of police station interviews, handwritten statements and transcribing of recorded meetings.
- Booking meetings.
- Organising expenses.
- Amending e mails/documents when required.
- Collating and indexing legal documentation.
- Small volume photocopying, printing and scanning, with delivery/collection of large volume of photocopying and scanning delegated to Document Services.
- Ensuring any paper filing/e-filing required is kept up to date.
- Scanning all incoming post/documents to a file if requested and provided with the relevant iManage number.
- Downloading of documents received from clients, disclosure from other solicitors and third parties and saving to the relevant iManage number and subfolder.
- Provide support to the PAs with their tasks during the periods whereby there is an absence of a PA.
You will be able to demonstrate;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft and other commonly used software.
- Good organisational skills and time-management skills.
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent communication skills, with confidence to communicate with individuals at all levels both internally and externally.
- Flexibility and self motivation
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive/confidential information
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.