Senior Content and Marketing Executive
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic content specialist to join our BD & Marketing team. The purpose of this role is to help create outstanding, original content marketing that showcases the breadth of our legal expertise and reinforces our brand proposition.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications, you will be working closely with the wider marketing, digital and business development team.
The role will be responsible for drafting, creating, reviewing and optimising our content. You will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of media platforms and content topics and have creative license when it comes to implementation.
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, curious, adaptable and an excellent communicator. We expect you to have the ability to understand the bigger picture, as well as being able to summarise the issues at stake and position these in way that will attract and engage our clients, intermediaries and prospects. You will also need to be able to weave in the messaging and brand story of our firm.
The role requires a passion for writing and an inquisitive nature. It is focused on developing strong copy for our marketing campaigns and brand activation across our digital and corporate communication platforms.
Copy creation: Creating copy and content across a variety of platforms, specifically the web, social media, PR and email marketing, you will display a high attention to detail. You will need to be able to adapt copy for multiple and varied audiences and optimise it for both external and internal communication channels.
There are three segments of external copy for which you will be responsible. Each requires a different approach, as set out below:
- Hero – detailed below, you will be responsible for working with internal stakeholders on firm-wide and targeted campaigns for specific audiences (Go to market group - GTMG campaigns).
- Hub – you will work closely with our Business Development colleagues to provide training and guidance to lawyers who wish to create regular content via our blogging tool, Passle. You will provide training on writing well and provide support in creating content plans.
- Hygiene – you will be responsible for the copy editing and maintenance of all of our permanent website copy, such as profile pages, expertise pages and our about us and careers section. You will run an annual re-write process for lawyer profiles, and a regular review of all other pages with stakeholders.
GatherContent: You'll have responsibility for our content management platform Gather Content. This provides a process for ensuring the quality, consistency and governance of our content. You will be responsible for shaping this process (alongside the Head of Digital Marketing) and for its day-to-day operation. You will utilise it in your content projects across the firm and work with our lawyers to boost adoption.
Firmwide brand building and campaigns: Supporting the Head of Marketing & Communications, you will manage the content creation and delivery of firmwide campaigns to build awareness of the firm's positioning, client base and values / approach.
GTMG campaigns: Demonstrating an understanding off the markets our clients operate in and the issues they’re facing is a big driver of law firm favourability. You will align closely with the BD and Digital Marketing teams to develop content which brings to life our go-to-market group (GTMG) plans. This will include interviewing subject matter experts to establish bold, differentiated talking points. You'll also review and edit articles, emails and website pages to ensure they are optimised and fit for digital publication.
Consistency and tone of voice: Through being involved in all our content, you will ensure our brand messaging is communicated consistently through all our communications. You'll maintain and evolve the standards for firm's tone of voice and style across all internal and external touch points to ensure consistency and accuracy.
Communications management: You will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of all our communication through our project management tool, Monday.com.
Awards and directories: We celebrate the success of our people and teams, our clients and our responsible business initiatives through participation in various award schemes and ensuring favourable mention in industry directories. You will be involved with reviewing submissions produced by our Business Development colleagues and you'll be responsible for coordinating the communications needed for the promotion through external and internal platforms.
Social media: You will manage the firm's social media content co-ordination through Hootsuite. Keeping an overview of overall share of voice, flag when things get missed, spot opportunities for content and cross-selling/sharing, spot opportunities for repurposing content. This can include creating support assets via Canva/Photoshop or for larger assignments, briefing in the Junior Rich Media Editor. You will work closely with the Digital Manager who sets the social media strategy and is responsible for the technical performance and processes relating to the platform.
You will be able to demonstrate;
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to understand and simplify complex themes
- A collaborative approach with the ability to contribute to creative discussions and processes
- A strong understanding of business issues, trends and current affairs
- Experience of writing, editing and producing content for a business audience
- A brilliant eye for detail and a commitment to quality and accuracy
- Understanding of branding and the importance of a clear, consistent brand voice and key messages
- Experience of integrated multi-media content and campaigns
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.